Airforce Y group syllabus 2020
English syllabus for ‘Y’ Group ‘
(i) A short passage followed by 4 questions to test comprehension:-
The questions will be set:-
- To judge the understanding of the passage
- Draw inference
- To judge the understanding of vocabulary
- Subject-verb concord
- Forms of verbs and errors in the use of verbs, etc.
- The sequence of tenses and errors in the use of tenses
- Transformation of sentences – Compound, Complex, Simple, Negative, Affirmative, Comparative degree, Positive degree, Superlative degree, etc.
- Formation of words – Nouns from verbs and adjectives, Adjectives from nouns and verbs, Adverbs from adjectives, etc.
- The Preposition
- Nouns and Pronouns
- The Adjective
- The Adverb
- Clauses – Noun clauses, Adverb clauses of condition and time and Relative clauses
- The Conjunction
- The Modals
- Synonyms and Synonyms in context
- Antonyms and Antonyms in context
- One word substitution
- Spelling pitfalls
- Simple Idioms/phrases
- Words often confused/Selecting the correct word fitting in a sentence.
(v) Narration (Direct and Indirect)
- Commands and requests
- Statements (Various tenses)
- Questions (Various forms of questions, tenses, etc.)
(vi) Voice (Active and Passive)
- Changes required under each tense.
- Other conditions for transforming Active into Passive
(b) Modal auxiliaries
(vii) Jumbled Sentences
Airforce Selection Process 2020 Group ‘X & Y’ Click Here
Syllabus for RAGA:-
Reasoning (Verbal and Non- Verbal)
- Numerical series
- Distance and Direction sense Test
- Mathematical Operation
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence Test.
- Assign Artificial Values to Mathematical Digit
- Inserting Correct Mathematical sign.
- Human relation
- Coding & Decoding
- The odd man out.
- Mutual relation problems.
- Tallest, youngest relations.
- Dictionary woods.
- Non- Verbal Reasoning.
- Number coding.
- Number Puzzle
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- General Science
- Current Events
- Basic Computer Operations
Mathematics for Group ‘Y’
- Ratio and Proportion.
- LCM & HCF.
- Profit and Loss.
- Time, Distance and Speed.
- Simplifications of Numbers.
- Area of triangle, Square and Rectangle.
- Surface Area and Volume of Cuboids, Cylinder, Cone, and Sphere.
- Simple Trigonometry.